Drew E. Warnick, MDBoard Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sports Medicine Specialist
Drew E. Warnick, MD
Dr. Warnick specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions including:
- Sports Medicine
- Fractures and Trauma
- Congenital Orthopaedic Anomalies
- Hip Preservation
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- General Orthopaedics
Dr. Drew Warnick and the nurses at the Tampa office did an amazing job for my daughter Lily. She was born with a clubfoot and my husband and I were so worried. And everybody at the office made us comfortable and relaxed when explaining everything about the clubfoot. If you see her now you would have never known she was a clubfoot baby. I swear I won't go anywhere else if my daughters have any problems. I only trust these doctors!!!
About Drew E. Warnick, MD
Dr. Warnick graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. He completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at the Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, IL, followed by a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery and pediatric sports medicine at the Atlanta Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Dr. Warnick was awarded the Charles M. Schwartz traveling fellowship and studied at the Adidas Sports Medicine Clinic in Auckland, New Zealand after finishing his fellowship. Dr. Warnick is an Affiliate Assistant Professor in the USF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
Dr. Warnick brings a new area of expertise to our practice. His interests include pediatric sports medicine and problems of the hip in children and adolescents. His specialized training included arthroscopic surgery of the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, and ankle. He is trained in hip preservation techniques, including those amenable to treatment with surgical dislocation of the hip and the Ganz periacetabular osteotomy.
Dr. Warnick is board certified and a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, Arthroscopy Association of North America, and Health Volunteers Overseas. His recent research includes measuring strain in the individual ACL bundles under large quadriceps forces and the arthroscopic treatment of multidirectional shoulder instability in young athletes.
Dr Warnick enjoys all aspects of pediatric orthopedics and has a special interest in sports medicine and hip preservation.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 2000
B.A., Environmental Science and Spanish
Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain 1999
Study Abroad Program
- Medical: Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 2004
- Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 2009
Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Fellowship: Children's Orthopaedics of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia 2010
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery with an emphasis in Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine
Hospital / Academic Affiliations
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital | Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Bayfront Medical Center | Saint Petersburg, Florida
- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital | Tampa, Florida
- Attending Physician | Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Adjunct Faculty of the Sports Medicine Fellowship Program | Bayfront Hospital
- Attending Physician | St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital
- Carillon Surgery Center | St. Petersburg, Florida
- Affiliate Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
University of South Florida, College Of Medicine
State Society Fellow
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
Specialty Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
Additional Society Memberships
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- Pinellas County Medical Society
- Hillsborough County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association
- All Academic Big Ten Award, Division I Men's Soccer, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
- Orthopaedic Research Education Foundation, Recipient of scholarship to travel to Mthatha, South Africa with Orthopaedics Overseas 2006.
- Arthur Cohn Innovations in Orthopaedics Contest Winner, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill. 2007, 2008.
- Charles M. Schwartz Traveling Fellow, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill. 2009.
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept. 2011
- Most Compassionate Doctor, 2011 from Patient’s Choice
- Patient’s Choice Award, every year since 2011
- America's Top Orthopedists, 2006–2015
- America’s Top Surgeon, 2016
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2014
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2015
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2016
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2017
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2018