Drew E. Warnick, MDBoard Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sports Medicine Specialist
Drew E. Warnick, MD
Dr. Warnick specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions including:
- Sports Medicine
- Fractures and Trauma
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Ankle and Injuries
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Ankle and Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Multiligament Knee Reconstruction
- Cartilage Restoration
- Hip Preservation
- Patellar Dislocation
- Shoulder Dislocation
Dr. Drew Warnick and the nurses at the Tampa office did an amazing job for my daughter Lily. She was born with a clubfoot and my husband and I were so worried. And everybody at the office made us comfortable and relaxed when explaining everything about the clubfoot. If you see her now you would have never known she was a clubfoot baby. I swear I won't go anywhere else if my daughters have any problems. I only trust these doctors!!!
Submit a Google ReviewSarasota Office St. Petersburg Office Tampa Office
About Drew E. Warnick, MD
Dr. Warnick graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. He completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at the Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, IL, followed by a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery and pediatric sports medicine at the Atlanta Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Dr. Warnick was awarded the Charles M. Schwartz traveling fellowship and studied at the Adidas Sports Medicine Clinic in Auckland, New Zealand after finishing his fellowship.
Dr. Warnick is the surgical director of Sports Medicine at Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital. He trains orthopaedic surgery residents and is an Affiliate Assistant Professor in the USF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery residency program and Sports Medicine and of the Largo Medical Center Orthopaedic residency program. He is also the team physician and surgeon for many local high schools including the world's largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institution: IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
Dr. Warnick is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries in the pediatric and young adult athlete. He is trained in arthroscopic surgery of the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, and ankle. He is trained in complex knee ligament reconstructions including multi-ligament knee reconstruction and pediatric ACL reconstruction in the growing athlete He is trained in cartilage restoration procedures and meniscal preservation techniques. His hip preservation training includes specialized techniques that include surgical dislocation of the hip and the periacetabular osteotomy. These complex procedures are done at a few specialized pediatric hospitals in Florida.
Dr. Warnick is board certified and a member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, Arthroscopy Association of North America, and PRISM (Pediatric Research in Sports Medicine). He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Warnick's treatment philosophy is to treat every patient as if they are his own child. He was a Big Ten athlete and understands the desire of every athlete to return to sport after an injury. He believes his greatest strength is his surgical technical ability.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 2000
B.A., Environmental Science and Spanish
Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain 1999
Study Abroad Program
- Medical: Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 2004
- Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 2009
Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Fellowship: Children's Orthopaedics of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia 2010
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery with an emphasis in Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine
Hospital / Academic Affiliations
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital | Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Bayfront Medical Center | Saint Petersburg, Florida
- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital | Tampa, Florida
- Attending Physician | Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Surgical Director Johns Hopkins All Children's Sports Medicine | Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
- Adjunct Faculty of the Sports Medicine Fellowship Program | Bayfront Hospital
- Attending Physician | St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital
- Carillon Surgery Center | St. Petersburg, Florida
- Affiliate Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
University of South Florida, College Of Medicine
State Society Fellow
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
Specialty Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
Additional Society Memberships
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- Pinellas County Medical Society
- Hillsborough County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association
- All Academic Big Ten Award, Division I Men's Soccer, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
- Orthopaedic Research Education Foundation, Recipient of scholarship to travel to Mthatha, South Africa with Orthopaedics Overseas 2006.
- Arthur Cohn Innovations in Orthopaedics Contest Winner, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill. 2007, 2008.
- Charles M. Schwartz Traveling Fellow, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill. 2009.
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept. 2011
- Most Compassionate Doctor, 2011 from Patient’s Choice
- Patient’s Choice Award, every year since 2011
- America's Top Orthopedists, 2006–2015
- America’s Top Surgeon, 2016
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2014
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2015
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2016
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2017
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2018